Overview: This qualification is designed to provide a flexible general purpose pathway in the financial services industry. It is intended to meet the training needs of employees with roles that involve working across a range of duties in the financial services sector where a specialist qualification is not the most suitable qualification to meet their training needs. Individuals in these roles apply theoretical and technical knowledge and skills to work autonomously and exercise judgement in completing routine and non-routine activities.
Duration: The duration of this course will vary depending on the delivery method and each individual’s enrolment. Please contact administration for more information.
Delivery Method: Online / Face to Face
Occupational Outcomes may include:
- Generalist financial services roles where a varied skill base is required
- Retail financial services officer in a small branch or organisation where the role is varied
- Retail or wholesale financial services administration staff (where a financial services qualification is better suited to address industry and compliance knowledge/skill training outcomes to support employee in the role).
- Leading/supervising a team
- Performing duties of a first line supervisor
Number of units required to complete: 13 Units in total comprising of 1 Core units and 12 Elective Units.
Unit Code Unit Title
FNSINC401 Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
Unit Code Unit Title
FNSBNK406 Manage customer visits
FNSASIC301 Establish client relationship and analyse needs
BSBCUS402 Address customer needs
FNSASIC302 Develop, present and negotiate client solutions
BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
FNSCUS401 Participate in negotiations
FNSSAM401 Sell financial products and services
FNSSAM402 Implement a sales plan
BSBCUS401 Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
BSBREL402 Build client relationships and business networks
FNSFMK505 Comply with Financial Services Regulation and Industry Codes of Practice
FNSCRD401 Assess Credit Applications
* Please note: Elective units may vary per student’s enrolment
* Students should have a minimum of 2 years industry practical experience before applying for Recognition in Prior Learning (RPL). To apply for RPL or Credit Transfer (CT), please send your resume, prior qualifications and your request to email@example.com or contact our office.